going from Direct X 8.1 - Direct X 9.0c -- Direct Input Problem

Started by
15 comments, last by chad_420 18 years, 11 months ago
Hey Guys & Gals, I've been working on a little side project off and on, and when i got back to it this time around, i decided to bump it up to directx 9.0 from 8.1. After fixing all changes, i finally got it compiling again. However, im having a problem with direct input that is not allowing me to generate debug info! :/ in the file im using DirectInput8Create(), i have included dinput.h, which seems to work fine, no compile errors, BUT, when it comes to linking the damn thing.. i get one of two errors if i use dinput8.lib, i get this error dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module - ive reinstalled the directx sdk a couple times, and it doesn't go away, next step is to red/l the sdk i guess if i use dinput.lib, it doesn't even find the function soooo... hmph :( if i uncheck the generate debug info box it compiles fine, but i cant debug any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Wild suggestion: tried clean and rebuild of your project?
"There is no dark side of the moon." - Pink Floyd
that was like the first thing i tried buddy.. thanks though..
i guess this isn't a common problem, i hoped it might be... :sigh:
bump for a lil help :)
tuesday bump
This question came up here a couple of times before. Try searching the forums. I'm leaving work now, and can't look for it. If you haven't found it by the time I get home and back online, I'll see if I can find the solution. I just can't remember off the top of my head what it was.
close visual studio, delete the release & debug folders as well as the *.ncb & *.suo (this one is hidden) files. Then fire it up again and recompile.
No no no no! :)
Quote:Original post by Dave Hunt
This question came up here a couple of times before. Try searching the forums. I'm leaving work now, and can't look for it. If you haven't found it by the time I get home and back online, I'll see if I can find the solution. I just can't remember off the top of my head what it was.

Thanks Dave, I have been searching through things a bit for a while now, i haven't found anything that matches my problem, maybe im just searching too broad of topics, but ive tried a whole slew of them, 'direct input' (huge list), 'direct input link', 'direct input error', 'direct input corrupt', and none of them seem to have the same problem :(, im still searching though. I have d/led the sdk twice now ( so the file was not corrupt ), and it was working perfectly when i was using the directx 8.1 sdk :/ Thanks for helping Dave, its much appreciated!

Quote:Original post by MichaelT
close visual studio, delete the release & debug folders as well as the *.ncb & *.suo (this one is hidden) files. Then fire it up again and recompile.

doesn't work, and as this is not a VC .NET project, i do not have a *.suo file
Which update of 9.0c do you have?
the latest, the april 2005 version
after reading the other post regarding the new version of directx, i decided to try it on my VC .NET compiler, works fine :(/:).. i really cant stand the new .net IDE, but oh well i guess, i wonder if direct x 9c will ever work with VC6.. i hope someone comes up with a hack, any idea why the new sdk doesn't work w/ it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement