• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Boruki

Fullscreen Glow

This topic is 4926 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A while back someone posted a demo of a full screen glow like the glow effect used in tron. It was based off a tutorial for the original halflife engine. I've been trying on and off to get it to work... but I always end up with the glow only covering the bottom corner of the screen (sometimes I only have the bottom corner rendered). I was wondering if anyone managed to get this to work outside of halflife, and maybe could help lil ole me get it to work? Cheers, Bo

Advertisement
It's pretty simple, are you doing these basic steps?

1) Draw the scene (in a diffrent viewport if desired)
2) Capture the drawn scene to a texture (pbuffer or glSubTexImage)
3) Draw normally, and then draw that texture over with a blur applied and some blending.

There are many changes you could do, but this is the basic idea.

The problem is with all the viewport and texture size changes.. I was kind of hoping for someone who had actually used the tutorial I mentioned.. (http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?doc=1081854378-22165000)
.. because it's just a small problem in using that.. thanks for the reply though :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!