• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mojo1017

c++

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive been programming in vb for a while now and ive figuredt that because of vbs limited capabilities itd be best to start learning c++ for my more advanced work. ive noticed there are alot of different c++ "things" such as bloodshed. i was wondering wich one would be best, if there r any more because i honestly have no idea. also is there any1 here that would like to help me to get started wit c++ or link me to a useful website. ne help would be appreciated. -mojo

Advertisement
The "things" are called IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). You could try dev-cpp, which is free, or MSVC, which isn't. Everyone has a personal favourite so I can't really say which is best.
As for tutorials you could try here, here, here and here.

I assume by "things" you mean compilers and IDEs.

The one you mentioned Bloodshed DevC++ is a good free IDE. A lot of people here use it so you shouldn't have much trouble getting help with it.

Another major compiler which is used here is Visual C++. The current version isn't free but is well worth the investment if you plan to seriously get into C++.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Original post by smart_idiot
Every time you call Dev-C++ a compiler, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

It'd probably be easier to write a compiler and call it Dev-C++ than to get every newbie to use the terminology correctly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!