• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

c++

This topic is 4688 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive been programming in vb for a while now and ive figuredt that because of vbs limited capabilities itd be best to start learning c++ for my more advanced work. ive noticed there are alot of different c++ "things" such as bloodshed. i was wondering wich one would be best, if there r any more because i honestly have no idea. also is there any1 here that would like to help me to get started wit c++ or link me to a useful website. ne help would be appreciated. -mojo

Advertisement
bloodshed Dev C++ is probably the best free C++ compiler. also MSVC++ 2005 express beta2 is a good one.

The "things" are called IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). You could try dev-cpp, which is free, or MSVC, which isn't. Everyone has a personal favourite so I can't really say which is best.
As for tutorials you could try here, here, here and here.

I assume by "things" you mean compilers and IDEs.

The one you mentioned Bloodshed DevC++ is a good free IDE. A lot of people here use it so you shouldn't have much trouble getting help with it.

Another major compiler which is used here is Visual C++. The current version isn't free but is well worth the investment if you plan to seriously get into C++.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Original post by smart_idiot
Every time you call Dev-C++ a compiler, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

It'd probably be easier to write a compiler and call it Dev-C++ than to get every newbie to use the terminology correctly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement