• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ohmy

I seem to have a problem with GUI

This topic is 4776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some odd reason...I have buttons that are ownerdrawn on my screen, but the problem is that by using The TAB button to slide across these buttons and then when higlighting one only to find out that pressing enter will result into it going to another button to execute it instead of executing the selected button itself.... Any one have a clue with this? Also..when the button isnt ownerdraw it does respond the normal windows way...

Advertisement
Hrmm..A little more information I think would be useful...such as..what programming language are you using, with what library?

And..I'm having a hard time understanding what your problem is actually...

You have buttons that are drawn on the screen.
The Tab button switches focus to different buttons (like a normal windows app)
but when you press enter...it executes a different buttons code..and not the one that currently has the focus (acheived from the tab botton) ??

Well what happens if you click the button..is the right code executed then?

Maybe a bit of code would also provide useful

ArchG

Exactly you understond what i meant. When you use the mouse to click on the button it does what it needs to do....but when i use the keyboard and press enter it starts tripping. im using C++ and WIN32.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!