Small help needed

Started by
3 comments, last by zlatko_bre_1985 18 years, 11 months ago
I just want to say HI to all folks out there bcs this is my first post here :) I'm new to DX programing.I started about 2 months ago without knowledge of windows programing, and now i feel somwhat comfortable with all that messages , pointers,.. ;).Oh yeah and I have been using delphi for some years but switched to c++ bcs DX9 SDK. But i have few dillemas : 1. Managed versus Unmanaged What is better M or unM? Diference betwen Managed C++ and c#? 2.Is the next game loop only one possible or there is other way? while( msg.message!=WM_QUIT ) { if( PeekMessage( &msg, NULL, 0U, 0U, PM_REMOVE ) ) { TranslateMessage( &msg ); DispatchMessage( &msg ); } else GameTime(); } Thx
Serbia,Zrenjanin
Advertisement
1. It's up to you, but I never understood the concept of managed memory (I mean, I do understand how it works, but I would never use it for a graphic program).
2. No, you can have whatever sort of loop you want. For example, you can have the following:

while(1){do_stuff();read_keyboard();if(quit_key_pressed)exit(1);}
so it s about memory managment
i didnt know that i tought that that hassomething with code bcs managed c++ looks much like c#

Can you post some link about that?

And what would happen if we dont process win messages?
Serbia,Zrenjanin
Quote:Original post by zlatko_bre_1985
And what would happen if we dont process win messages?

Last time I checked, Windows didn't like it, the messages queue will become full and then nastines can result (such as beeps in the PC speaker, etc.)
But hey, it works :D
So loop that i posted is better bcs it dispatches messages?
Serbia,Zrenjanin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement