include files for directshow

Started by
4 comments, last by Joshilay 18 years, 12 months ago
Hi , I am working with directshow for the first time , could anyone pls tell me what are the files that shud be included for directshow applications to build properly in visual studio 6.0 . Regards, Joshilay
Advertisement
I believe they phased out DirectShow in the Summer 04' SDK, but if you really want to use it you can look through MSDN.

DirectX 9.0 DirectShow Linky
They just removed it from the SDK with the april update, I believe. Use the February update if you want to use DirectShow.
Really? phased out, in favor of what?
Man, im soo glade I use OpenGL for graphics.
Quote:Original post by Ted_Striker
Really? phased out, in favor of what?
Man, im soo glade I use OpenGL for graphics.

It was moved out of the DirectX SDK to some other SDK that I don't remember.

Hi guys , i was using the directx 9.0 sdk feb 2005 edition but it wasnot compatible wid visual studio 6.0 so I changed to directx 9.0 sdk summer 2004 which is comaptible wid visual studio but i am getting the following errors while i tried to build the sample jukebox application given inside directshow :

error C2065 : "Co-InitializeEx" - Undeclared identifier
error C2065 : "CLSID_WMAsfReader" - Undeclared identifier
error C2065 : "IVideoframestep" - Undeclared identifier
error C2065 : "pFS " - Undeclared identifier
error C2227 : left of "->CanStep" must point tp class/struct/union"
error C2227 : left of "->Release" must point tp class/struct/union"
error C2065 : "Co-InitializeEx" - Undeclared identifier
error c1083 : cannot open include file : 'reftime.h'(in streams.h) :no such file or directory ..

Now could anyone pls tell me as to how to ectify this problem ,pls tell me what are the files i shud include and where i should include <d3d8.h> and <d3dx8.h> , i mean where shud i include both these (which file : whether in jukeboxdlg.cpp or globals.cpp).

Waiting for an early reply ,

Regards ,

joshilay

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement