MADDDDDD

Started by
5 comments, last by Sandman 18 years, 12 months ago
I swear to god i just wrote the very best shit ever and this forum didnt post it i am so fing mad i want to scream. I will write it again. TYRGBDSVDGCWXASFCQRSYBDTRSHDFSCFAX so much pain. The idea was so good for game dev argh. this is so unprofessional.
Advertisement
When I make a big post I usually do it in a word processor and copy it in, prevent it from getting lost and add spell/grammar check
Is this a serial number?
Quote:Original post by Kaze
When I make a big post I usually do it in a word processor and copy it in, prevent it from getting lost and add spell/grammar check

Yeap, I know how you feel, I get my PM's eaten all the time...nothing worse because you can't hit 'back' to save them : /. Always copy and paste!
Quote:Original post by NewbSabott
this is so unprofessional.

Yup.

The PM got eaten?! Is this a new Dr. Who episode?
Vox
Yes it's annoying when that happens. Although I'm pretty sure I've recovered my posts before by hitting the back button before.

Anyway - if you're writing a novel-length post, doing it in notepad or word is not a bad idea just in case. Connections get screwed up, servers go down, these things happen and are often unavoidable.

Another good piece of advice is to keep it short to begin with. Describe your ideas as succinctly as you can, and then, if people are interested you can elaborate on them further. This will save you from wasting time writing a mammoth post that no-one reads because their mouse wheel wears out before they get half way through it.

EDIT: yes I can now confirm that hitting the back button recovers your post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement