Reversal Villains!

Started by
13 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 4 months ago
quote:Original post by Niphty

J

Edited by - sunandshadow on November 19, 2000 12:56:18 PM

Oh, jeez, sunandshadow... now I''m curious!
Advertisement
Anime does good reversal villains. Ashram from Record of Lodoss War, Folken from The Vision of Escaflowne (please god, not the american version!)

Oh yeah, and my personal favorite game of all time; Panzer Dragoon Saga.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Original post by Niphty

J

Edited by - sunandshadow on November 19, 2000 12:56:18 PM

Oh, jeez, sunandshadow… now I''m curious!

Nothing to see here, move along… Seriously, I was just taking a precautionary measure.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

One thing I thought I''d note, there does not necessarily need to be a second villain to take over when the first one crosses over. An interesting plot would be one in that perhaps the villain has set in motion a chain of events and then realized the absolute horror in what he has wrought, subsequently trying to undo his own evil works.

Maybe even a game in which the player plays that villain? I could imagine the plot being constructed such that the player *thinks* what he is doing is good, until one critical plot point where it is revealed that what''s actually occurring is horrible beyond belief. Then it becomes the choice of the player whether or not to cross over.
Shinkage, you''re so right that I wrote that in my first post!

Great minds think alike I suppose...
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement