• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jbadams

MS Paint GIF transparency

This topic is 4948 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I could swear that MS Paint used to be able to set the transparent colour for GIF images - I even remember being taught about it in a boring IT class at school, because most people for some largely inconcievable reason had a lot of trouble following the 2 or 3 steps involved that were written on the board. In any case, I was just messing around trying to do some low quality (the only quality I can manage [wink]) pixel art in Paint, and discovered that the option to set the transparent colour for a GIF is either gone in the current version, or is hidden well enough that I can't find it. So, am I going crazy, or do other people remember this option as well? Why did they remove it, and is there any way I can get it back? (I have MS Paint 5.1, which came with XP Home). Oh, and yes, I have more powerful software that can perform the required task, but I quite like the simplicity of Paint, and was wondering why a useful option appears to have been removed.

Advertisement
Sadly, I get much better results in Paint than Photoshop (or in my case GIMP, since I don't have a copy of Photoshop at home), at least for the simple sort of thing I'm trying at the moment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!