Rejected by a couple of COWS

Started by
11 comments, last by chris1962 23 years, 4 months ago
Thanks to everyone for the comments, they have been very informative. I have sent TuCows 3 emails after the original reject enquiring as to the reason for the rejections, and they have still not responded? Hmmm.

I posted this same note over on www.xgames3.com, and someone responded that since my game was a tetris clone, perhaps TuCows was just playing it safe and rejecting anything that could possibly associate them with the Hasbro law suit. Sounds reasonable to me (maybe just easier to accept then considering the posiblity that my game is not good enough . . . NA!!!)

Kind of makes me wonder though. I was considering adding lots of additional features to this game, and trying to market it as shareware. I would really like to get to the point where I can support myself financially doing this on a full time basis. Maybe now I should consider moving on to a totally new game, and just leave this one (Lost Enticer) as a totally freeware demo. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Chris

In the mood for a little Fun & Games?
Check out www.SunAndGames.com
Home of Lost Enticer
Indie in training . . . www.GamesForSail.comMy life as a blogger . . . Blog Blog Blog . . . Blah Blah Blah
Advertisement
And what about xgames3d.com? Don''t they publish games? I know you''re related to them so don''t they do the things like uploading a demo to sites and stuff like that? Basically, do they publish the games? I really would like to know cos I made a game and I though about asking them to publish it.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I did get my site listed on Yahoo and it probably gets something like 200 hits a day from it. However, even though this doubled my traffic, I''ve not noticed any increase in people actually buying the games! I think people that surf in from search engines out of the blue stand very little chance of actually buying a game and don''t seem to spend long at the site anyway. I think you need to attract people to your site who are already keen on your games before they even get there, by having seen a demo or better still a review + screenshot of your game.

Sean.

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement