Small bug in GDNET

Started by
22 comments, last by evolutional 18 years, 11 months ago
I changed my profile so that my country is Canada, yet my posts show me as living in the USA. What's the deal with that?
Advertisement
hmm, interesting...
testing...
Quote:Original post by superdeveloper
I changed my profile so that my country is Canada, yet my posts show me as living in the USA. What's the deal with that?

It appears to be using the old location field - hence I'm from the "Dark Side of the Moon", and can't find how to change it. When the system was first upgraded, it used to display the first few fields but that looked sily for non-US residents. Then it switched to first field, then your old location. Problem is, I can't find where I can change the location.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I changed mine to swizerland and sudan and my new posts still say Exeter, England. Strangely befor that i was located in United Kingdom so i dont even know where England came from.
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
I changed mine to swizerland and sudan and my new posts still say Exeter, England. Strangely befor that i was located in United Kingdom so i dont even know where England came from.

Before the update, your "From" field was England (IIRC). The option to change that old field seems to have vanished.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

To be honest, I didn't think anyone read the suggestions forum haha :)

penis

Well after having change my country, i went back and the country field is still uk, so it appears to becompletely ballsed.
Quote:Original post by superdeveloper
penis

Relevence?
Just testing... I noticed that this forum gets into the active threads column in the main GDNET page.

Back to the topic, I guess I'll be living virtually in the states for a while. I somehow doubt that this is a "critical" bug for the staff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement