Weird Religiouse Thoughts

Started by
102 comments, last by Access 18 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Thermodynamics
As for my weird religious belief: When you die, you simply cease to exist. No afterlife, no reincarnation, no spirits. No... you just die.

I see it as the same way, the body itself is just a collection of molecules that make up an organic structure. We are created by another organic structure because we can't create our self, and throughout the years we consume molecules that our bodies can only use. When we die we simply break down in to the molecules that of which we absorbed, so in some respect 'you are what you eat'.

In terms of religious aspect as I don't feel like wandering through others endeavors, I believe that there is no entity of central creation. I don't believe in predetermined fate, we make ourselves; we make a conscious decision to make others. If we are not an embodiment of singularity then what are we? That having been said, I take what I need (values) from religion and pass it off.
Advertisement
But there is a god.
U guys better read more books.
How did we exist then?
How did the animals exist?
and how did everything exist?
Quote:But there is a god.
How did we exist then?

Flame detected.

How does god exist??
Quote:Original post by GamerSJD
This thread is for those who have those weird thoughts of religion and would like to share.
Example: The world isn't real, we are asleep.
or: I dream up the world and I'm the onlyone that exsists.

No critisism on others thoughts/beliefs, it's just a thought thread.

We're all just units (with self-awareness AI) of an advanced strategy game, and all what happens has just been programmed.
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
"Maby I'm a really happy guy? ROTFLMAOABMHOWASCMBWIPMP(Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off and bashing my head open with a spiked covered bat while peeing my pants)...or just crazy..."

Your signature is indeed highly annoying and irritating which I can usually stand....by why is there an 'M' between 'C' and 'B', I get to Spiked Covered 'M(something)' Bat....ROTFLMAOABMHOWASC-M-BWIPMP?
Quote:Original post by theSeby
We're all just units (with self-awareness AI) of an advanced strategy game, and all what happens has just been programmed.
Well in that case...

DEVS PLZ READ MY PATITION! EVERYONE ELSE SINE IT!

i want supar powarz and to be teh uber and stuff. and plz nerf guns and cop cars and crap posts and middal management. oh and if you spend more time playing you should get more mony. thx.

/sign
Quote:Original post by Omniousil
But there is a god.
How did we exist then?

If such questions were answered in a creditable resource(s), we wouldn't have to ask them.
It is in my understanding that concepts such as God, existence, reincarnation, etc. are all flaw of human language.

Just because we can describe something with words doesn't mean it exists.
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Documentation? "We are writing games, we don't have to document anything".
Quote:Original post by _Acid
Lol. No, no. I was writing that in response to Ra. I don't understand his comparsion.

Also, since you began this thread, may I inquire as to what your personal philosophical/religious viewpoint of life is?

I don't know what to think of life? That is one reson I started this thread, to find out the weird thoughts some people have that explain our existance. I feel if I live my life good, my fate in the end will be good (if there is something good that happens when you die). I have thought of the possiblity of maby I'm the only one real (solpsist I think is what they called it ^^) and that I will never die. Many other thoughts have occured as well but I feel if I live my life open minded, I won't be disappointed in the end. ^^
To live, you must be happy. To be happy, you must find excitement. To find excitement, you must observe. Once you observe the world around you, you will find that your life isn't as exciting as it could be. Then, when you find that inspiration, you will find true happiness.
Quote:Original post by Kwizatz
I don't entirelly disagree, however I think you're placing too much value on the self, you'd be surprised on how much alike people really are.

It's not so much that I value it, as that it would be quite a challenge to think about life without it. [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement