Guild Wars

Started by
171 comments, last by necrowarlord 18 years, 9 months ago
I am a level 11 Ranger/Warrior. My name is Lethal Hamster and I have a level 9 bird named Mink. Thats about it... I need a better shield though, mine is only armour 6 [sad]

(btw: who is Silent Edge?)
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Advertisement
I have some shields. I think I have one that gives you an additional +10 armor while using your normal weapon. I also have a focus item for a mesmer, IIRC it's +8 energy (requires x domination) and +10% something else.
I have a +12 energy idol [grin]

btw, if anyone needs materials lemme know, i collect everything i find, so i have like a grip of stuff in storage.
I just found a better sword! omg! I will eventually find a better shield.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
I'm a level 20 Monk/Mesmer, which I use for PvE, PvP, and GvG (currently 10-0, rank 20). It's built around being able to spam quick heals for as long as possible. It has no offensive ability whatsoever.

My skills:
1) Orison of healing - the most basic one shot heal. It's still useful due to it's low cost, speed, and ability to be used on yourself.
2) Healing Breeze - another general heal, more efficient energy-wise but it takes time to work so it's not good in emergency situations
3) Reversal of Fortune - spammiest "heal" in the game. Very cheap, stops all damage from the next attack or spell, and heals a little bit too. With points in Divine Favour you get another extra little heal in there as well.
4) Mend Ailment - takes off one condition. extremely spammable. Useful for getting bleeding and crippled off people (note: Mend Condition is an alternative, however that cannot be cast on yourself).
5) Remove Hex - Slow to cast and relatively slow recharge, but invaluable if someone puts backfire on you
6) Protective Spirit - Disallows enemies from doing more than 10% damage to someone at a time. Good to toss on someone if they are being hit with fire from an entire team.
7) Hex Breaker - the only mesmer skill I actually use, at the moment. It's very cheap, lasts a long time, and hurts the first person who tries to put a hex on you. Great for blocking backfire.
8) Peace and Harmony (elite) - A cheap, long-lasting spell that gives you +1 energy regen. The catch is you can't attack or cast spells on anyone but allies or the effect ends (and it takes a long time to recharge). I don't need to do any attacking anyways, so this skill is nothing but useful.

In PvE I generally swap out Remove Hex for Ressurect.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
I'm a lvl 16 Mo/E

i like guild wars, a lot. however, i find it extremely difficult, and the ability for soloing is cut off quickly, so if you are solo 'one man army' type person, guild wars is definetly not the game for you.

other than that, great job, beautiful graphics for an engine that really doesn't have anything special in it.

my applause to battle net.
Yea, your right Peeves, its really difficult to go out on your own. I am at Yaks Bend and have gone back to Old Ascalon and finished up some of the missions to get experience, but its hard to get experience from kills cause I don't get any from the lvl 3 enemies. You can always have a GDnet member come with you, or get a henchman or 2 to follow you.
NOOO! Mittens is no longer the guild leader! Anyone know why he left?
I think the lack of experience from kills is intentional. The experience curve means you get an amount of XP based on the level difference (equal level gives flat 100XP, and then more or less depending on the difference), and the difficulty curve means that while earlier in the game you are fighting enemies close to your level, later on you are facing mobs of enemies that are technically several levels lower then you, yet almost impossible to take on solo.

This means as a newbie you can level up a few times just from killing enemies, but later in the game you really need to do the quests in order to level up at a descent speed. Because the level requirements are not exponential (Level 5 requires 3800XP, while level 10 only requires 6800XP), quest rewards for earlier quests don't become useless (this way you aren't punished for not doing all the easy quests first). This is a very good style of play, as it removes the more obvious leveling treadmill of going out and killing enemies in a field solely to gain experience (see Maple Story for an example of treadmill killing out of control). Instead you feel like you are playing with a purpose, and never doing the same thing twice.
Yess, I finally bought this game, and i must say it amazes me(even though i'm only level 3)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement