C++ vs C# for 3D visualization application

Started by
3 comments, last by torbjoen 18 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I am working on Windows and have experience in both C++ and C#. In my opinion C# is better than C++ when it comes to programming time, errors etc. This is why I want to use C# for a 3D visualization applicatoin. It is not a game, but supposed to be used for the offshore industry, visualizing the bottom of the sea etc. What I want is a high-level API for programming 3D, and currently I am looking at Coin3D (http://www.coin3d.org), but it only supports unmanaged C++. Are there other high-level API that are suited for C#? Or would you recommend using C++ instead, and some other high-level library? Thanks, Torbjørn
Advertisement
I haven't tried Axiom personally, but it may be what you're after.
"There is only one everything"
Managed Direct3D?
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
Quote:Original post by SumDude
Managed Direct3D?

Thanks, but isn't Direct3D pretty low level? -There aren't very many high level functions, are there?

Quote:Original post by the Speed Bump
I haven't tried Axiom personally, but it may be what you're after.

Thanks. Looks nice, but it also looks like it's only 1 person developing this engine. That is a little frightening. The application if for commercial use, and so I cannot afford that the 3D library/engine would stop being developed because this 1 person suddenly decides to do something completely other than developing his engine...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement