• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sinrtb

game idea...

This topic is 4907 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is more of a legal and biusiness question, but how hard would it be for someoneto get a a license from a company like lions gate films? I was thinking that "cube zero" would make a perfect ultra realistic fps game very few interactables but you would be able to completely interact with the enviroment the cubes themselves move so replayability would be high. In my head this seems to be the ultimate puzzle game.

Advertisement
It wouldn't be hard to get a license but it would be expensive. Depending on a number of different factors film licenses cost anywhere from tens of thousands up to millions of dollars.

You would need to contact the copyright owner (could be the film company, the writer, the director or some other party) in order to negotiate the deal. Best place to start would be the film company.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!