MFC and WIN32 conbine??

Started by
5 comments, last by commy2005 18 years, 11 months ago
Hi guys and gentlemens including ladies, I have been programming for a while now in Win32 and MFC independently.I was wondering could I actually mix both of the win32 and mfc together? 1)I wanted to use CPicture in win32,is this possible? 2)Could I actually use any MFC classes in WIN32? 3)Or is the other way around possible?MFC using Win32? Hopefully someone could help me out of this misery:( commy
Advertisement
i use Win32 in MFC all the time at work, since i am still better at Win32 and MFC can be better customized by using it. I would think this is the way to go, though setting up your project to support the MFC libraries in MFC may not be that hard.

If all else fails, you may want to try this implementation of CPicture. No charge for the clicky.

Hope this helps.
what the? i was signed in to. heres the clicky.
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
Did you know MFC is just a wrapper for Win32? [grin] So yes, you can do whatever your heart desires with the two. MFC was made to easly be used with Win32 as well. However, you cannot take MFC stuff and just use it in a Win32 program, it has to be a MFC program that uses Win32.
Thanx guys especially anist.!!

Here are my problems actually.....

I actually wrote a game in WIN32(pure WIN32) and wanted to include a chatroom.
I having lots of problem.I wanted to write a chatroom which is as similiar to msn messenger,gif emoticons(where msn messenger uses png) can be use to put into the chatroom.Write a text and emoticons can be put together in the chatroom.

What you guys recommend?using rich edit text incorperate them into the WIN32?I having extreme headache doing that.OMG is like a KILLER ...any recommendations?

any recommendations or ideas from anyone who are good at this stuff?

in despair,
Commy
Quote:Original post by commy2005
Thanx guys especially anist.!!

Here are my problems actually.....

I actually wrote a game in WIN32(pure WIN32) and wanted to include a chatroom.
I having lots of problem.I wanted to write a chatroom which is as similiar to msn messenger,gif emoticons(where msn messenger uses png) can be use to put into the chatroom.Write a text and emoticons can be put together in the chatroom.

What you guys recommend?using rich edit text incorperate them into the WIN32?I having extreme headache doing that.OMG is like a KILLER ...any recommendations?

any recommendations or ideas from anyone who are good at this stuff?

in despair,
Commy

I suggest you to create a MFC DLL with a C interface that do not expose anything which is related to MFC. This way, you'll be able to continue to use your code, and you'll be able to create a MFC-powered chatroom.

HTH,
Thanx Emmanuel!!

I was wondering are there any good tutorial on creating MFC DLL to be use in WIN32.I was thinking awhile to do what you recommend.I have very little experience in creating a DLL.

Hope you could actually help out.Thanx in advance:)

back from despair,
Commy2005

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement