• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Joshilay

Problems in executing this program

This topic is 4907 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi , I tried building and running the program given at : http://www.flipcode.com/articles/article_directshow01.shtml . In it , it is mentioned that "Run this program from the command line ,passing in the file to play as an argument .example :dshowtut1 test.wav " But when i tried doing the same (In the command prompt , i typed dshowtut1 and after that i gave name of a .wav file on my system , but it gave the following message : "dshowtut1" is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file ") Can anyone tell me as to how to solve this problem ? Waiting for a reply, Regards , Joshilay

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Joshilay
"dshowtut1" is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file ")

That's because you must build the "DShowTut1.exe" file from the source in the sction entitled: "A Simple Graph Built Using C++ ".

Once you do that, then you will go into that directory, open up your command prompt, then type in that stuff with the wav file and it should work. You have to be in that directory though where the .exe resides in. Make sure to move the wav file there as well.

I could not test it out because that program does not compile for me: "f:\Downloads\article_directshow01\IXR-Source Code\DShowTut1\DShowTut1.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'streams.h': No such file or directory" so best of luck!

Quote:
Original post by Drew_Benton
I could not test it out because that program does not compile for me: "f:\Downloads\article_directshow01\IXR-Source Code\DShowTut1\DShowTut1.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'streams.h': No such file or directory" so best of luck!

Someone needs to sort out their DShow base classes / project directories [smile]

Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!