GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

Started by
9 comments, last by Cifko 18 years, 11 months ago
I have tried 4 different version of drivers. And still can't make this extension working. I have Geforce 6800 128MB. Can someone tell me: how can I make it runnig ?
Advertisement
You don't say what drivers you tried. If you downloaded from nvidia.com they probably won't work, because FBO is supported only by beta drivers. I downloaded the latest 76.45 from www.guru3d.com and it works.
can anyone tell me for what this extension it uses ? i know the pBuffer and i sometime i use it but this extension for what ?
*decodes the AP's post*
its a better and true render-to-texture system, where the data ends up in the texture. With a pbuffer the data stays with the pbuffer and is just aliased by a texture ID, also using a pbuffer requires 2 context switches (to and from) where as FBO requires none.
Quote:Original post by mikeman
You don't say what drivers you tried. If you downloaded from nvidia.com they probably won't work, because FBO is supported only by beta drivers. I downloaded the latest 76.45 from www.guru3d.com and it works.

I tried 76.91, 76.10, 76.45...
I have 76.91 and it works fine (not from guru3d tho)

What actually happends for you? does it not appear in the extension string? do the entry points screw up? do you simply have an old version of glext.h which is hasnt got FBO in it yet? tell us.

-Twixn-
I am Me...you cant argue with THAT can you!!!
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
can anyone tell me for what this extension it uses ? i know the pBuffer and i sometime i use it but this extension for what ?
Read the section on FBOs here. You may find it useful.
you might also want to check out the following thread on opengl.org:

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=013087
I checked it with sisoft sandra (he pulls out gl string).
And try to run FBO example from nvidia.
And all I get is "Unable to load the following extension(s): GL_EXT_framebuffer_object"

I was on the discussion on opengl.org forum few days ago.
Try all the things. But without success.
May be, I just wait for non-beta drivers ;-)
Have you tried a driver cleaner before installing a 75 series? YOu may have an old dll in the path.
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement