MVC++6.0 + April 2005 DX SDK might work

Started by
26 comments, last by circlesoft 18 years, 11 months ago
Just want to let u know that : new update of DirectX 9.0 sdk works good with MVC++6.0 it dxsdk Update April 2005 !! i have try some code and it work succesfully Edited by Coder: Given that this is now a sticky, I changed the title to specify the SDK release [Edited by - Coder on May 18, 2005 10:28:22 AM]
Advertisement
Interesting...

Care to post, for the benefit of others, how you managed that? To my knowledge it's now quite intentional on the part of the DXSDK team that it does not work with MSVC6

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

don't know either....
i just installed it without making any change/manage to something.... and it's just work..
You can compile all the sample code, without errors?

Presumably you also have the latest PSDK installed - any tricks there?

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

actually i just test "some" code and it's code from book introduction 3d game programming with direct x 9 bu Frank Luna, and it's compiled without any error. i haven't testing codes from other source....
and no triks..... i don't understand either why it can work....maybe i have to check again....
is ms framework have any useful with visualc or dx ....?
As far as I know, D3DX is the component that isn't supposed to work with VC++6. If the code in question doesn't actually use D3DX, then it should be entirely possible to compile D3D programs within that environment.

Niko Suni

No.. the code exactly use d3dx
why don't u download the sdk (april 2005) and test it...
Quote:Original post by be17_17y
No.. the code exactly use d3dx
why don't u download the sdk (april 2005) and test it...

I do have the SDK, and both VS .net 2003 and VC++6 at my disposal...
Out of curiosity, I will test it today when done working [grin]

Niko Suni

By the way, can you post the line in the project where the author calls Direct3DCreate9()?

Niko Suni

Is it possible you installed it without removing an older version of the SDK on your machine and the include/lib paths are still referencing the old SDK?

But if it does work, cool :)

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement