Yann's IDE Project

Started by
8 comments, last by CoMaNdore 18 years, 11 months ago
Hey all Some time ago I read this thread here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/ forums/topic.asp?topic_id=292399 Some time after this Yann posted about needing a GTK programer. Now I was wondering if there have been any progress on this IDE and when we at gamedev can test it/see a final build. As I have been dying for somthing like this for linux.
- Me
Advertisement
In the meantime, try Code::Blocks

yann, it would seem, tends to not always fully deliver on his ambitious projects

I dont intend to be mean or even suggest that he has any real obligation to do so, and he has definitely aided in the discussion of several interesting ideas...

I just fail to see why people focus so much of their energy on him.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

yann, it would seem, tends to not always fully deliver on his ambitious projects

I dont intend to be mean or even suggest that he has any real obligation to do so, and he has definitely aided in the discussion of several interesting ideas...

I don't fail to see why you posted under AP.....

I understand how that post would sound, though I tried to word it in a way that did not come off as flamebait

I guess that failed...

I have nothing against Yann - what I am concerned about are the fanboys and that particular mentality that has surged around him and other popular figures

but I digress - I truly did not mean anything offensive

Yes you did =p

I understand how that post would sound, though I tried to word it in a way that did not come off as flamebait

I guess that failed...

I have nothing against Yann - what I am concerned about are the fanboys and that particular mentality that has surged around him and other popular figures

What's wrong with admiring someone who has, by your own admission, contributed to the community? What's wrong with expressing an interest in a project that somebody on this site is working on, especially if you stand to benefit from it (a free IDE)?

And in the end of it all, why does fanboyism "concern" you? It doesn't hurt you...

Anyway, to stay on topic, I'd also be interested in how the project is going.
the rug - funpowered.com
Project is stalled again, unfortunately, and I don't know for how long.

Shortly after I started working on the IDE again, we got an extremely high profile contract in, which turned out to be a complete time killer (to be honest, it's currently sucking my entire life energy away ;)

Quote:

Well, you know, there comes a point in your career, where time becomes the most precious resource you can imagine. I would spend a fortune, if that could buy me 48 hour days, but unfortunately, the earths rotational period and my biological wake-sleep cycle won't give a shit about monetary bribes :) So I'm basically stuck with those crappy 24 hours. Maybe you would like to help ? It might be delivered somewhat faster then...

Seriously though, there's a lot of stuff on my TODO list right now. The IDE is a project I would love to finally complete, because frankly, it's one of those things I'd really like to see go public, as there seem to be a lot of demand right now. But my job and some other real life projects (especially those involving my girlfriend) have the current priority. I might be able to continue the development during this summer, but no guarantees.
Quote:Original post by Yann L
Project is stalled again, unfortunately, and I don't know for how long.

Shortly after I started working on the IDE again, we got an extremely high profile contract in, which turned out to be a complete time killer (to be honest, it's currently sucking my entire life energy away ;)

Quote:

Well, you know, there comes a point in your career, where time becomes the most precious resource you can imagine. I would spend a fortune, if that could buy me 48 hour days, but unfortunately, the earths rotational period and my biological wake-sleep cycle won't give a shit about monetary bribes :) So I'm basically stuck with those crappy 24 hours. Maybe you would like to help ? It might be delivered somewhat faster then...

Seriously though, there's a lot of stuff on my TODO list right now. The IDE is a project I would love to finally complete, because frankly, it's one of those things I'd really like to see go public, as there seem to be a lot of demand right now. But my job and some other real life projects (especially those involving my girlfriend) have the current priority. I might be able to continue the development during this summer, but no guarantees.

In other words, he has a life. Gotta 'spect that =)
I eat heart attacks

Well for me, it was just about getting a good IDE that feels somewhat like
VS. As this is the one thing I really miss on my ubuntu rig, (and a port of WoW that is).
- Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement