WTF?! Can someone from Denver confirm this??

Started by
55 comments, last by oliii 18 years, 11 months ago
Pitbulls have been outlawed in Denver, and now the police are making sure that people hand over their pitbulls to be exterminated ... What the hell is going on? How the hell is this legal in any way? Can anyone from Denver confirm that this is real?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Advertisement
This happened years ago here in Queensland, Australia, reason being that they were intentially bred to be violent.

More correctly they were made 'restricted', meaning you need a special license to have them. I don't think existing dogs needed to be destroyed if you didn't obtain a license, but some local councils could enact laws which required it be destroyed. At least, that's my partially-informed knowledge of it, I never had a pit-bull so I didn't pay all that much attention.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Quote:Original post by joanusdmentia
This happened years ago here in Queensland, Australia, reason being that the breed was intentially bred to be violent.

That's ridiculous. Just because a breed has the capability of being more violent than another doesn't mean you have to ban it and KILL ALL THE DOGS.

My sister has two of the nicest Rotweilers in the world. They're fucking adorable.

I know people who have poodles that try killing everyone.

Dalmations are one of the meanest breeds of dogs out there. I'd love to see someone try banning them. Ah, but it would never happen because they're "cute".
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
A similar ban came into force in the UK in 1991. While I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, the thought of someone forcibly taking a loved pet away from me and killing it is horrific.
Civic hysterics. A scripted opportunity for some politician to rise up and post his promise to save the dogs under his campaign letterhead. Meanwhile, some families with perfectly safe dogs will have to cope. In a few years when the injustice of the law is acknowledge, they might even have something to sue over and make some money at the city's expense. I suppose that depends on how much money they have to start with.

I'm surprised none of the service officers have been shot yet.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
That's horrible. I would never let my long loved pet get shot just because of some newly passed law. NEVER.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Agreed, a friend of mine has a pitbull cross-breed that's absolutely huge and it's gotta be one of the nicest dogs I've come across. Unfortunately it doesn't take much to bring out their nasty side, and because of their strength they can do some real damage. The real question is whether this is the dogs fault or the owners fault.

And poodles....well, they're damn angry dogs, but usually don't have enough strength to do any real damage. Can't say I've ever run into a nasty dalmation, having said that though I haven't ran into many at all.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
They're also banned over here, for some years now. It came into effect after a couple of horrible accidents involving pitbulls and children. In Germany, it's similar afaik, they banned them after a pitbull created a bloodbath on a public playing ground, and killed/injured several kids.
It's nothing serious.It's so common.Why does you see something in a different way!
ÎÊÈËÎÊ·²»ÎÊÐÄ£¬ÎÊÐÄÎʵü¸Â·ÐУ¡
It's preposterous. No dog breed is inherently vicious. Dogs have been bred over the centuries to coexist with humans. Individual dogs can be vicious, but then again so are some humans. A properly socialized, neutered/spayed dog is very unlikely to attack. In fact you're far more likely to be killed by a human than by a dog.

I will move to a new state before I got rid of my Rottweiler, if they would ever form that law in Illinios. I'm not opposed to mandated training classes for people with "dangerous" dog breeds, if that's what it takes to keep my dog. My dog is the nicest dog you'll ever meet. She loves everybody she's ever met. Just the other day she managed to get out of our back yard (somebody forgot to shut the gate) and she was at a neighbor's playing with some kids whom she'd never met before. She's 110 lbs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement