MS Visual studio (2005 beta) likes to allocate 1.5 GB of mem every now and then!!?!

Started by
4 comments, last by jdhardy 18 years, 11 months ago
Hi, this problem has caused my program to crash several times (kernel throws an exception) and i just need a way to get rid of it. I had this problem before with another project but it never really was a problem for me. If i look at task manager i see the memory use go from around 200 of 2461 MB to 2461/2461 and the i get the exception thrown by kernel. Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?
Advertisement
Apparently, MS + Beta = broken.

I haven't used VS Studio 2005, but I have used the Express beta and never had the problem. Either it's specific to the non-Express beta, or maybe something with your computer.
Hmm, the express version for C# doesnt do that.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
I've been using the Full blown VS 2005 Beta 2. I haven't watched actual memory consumption, but I've never really seen a problem with it.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I just get it every now and then with larger solutions, i've had it for like 5 times in the past half a year.

Making a new solution fixes it but that's something that can take quite a lot of time, so if it's not neccessery, i'd like to know.
I get this all the time when using the Boost.Preprocessor library. Otherwise I've never seen it happen, but it occurs consitently and repeatably when doing preprocessor metaprogramming. This is under Express Beta 1; I don't know if it still happens under Beta 2.

Deleting the Intellisense database (*.ncb IIRC) tends to help for a while, but Intellisense does not like heavy preprocessor repetition.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement