• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phil05

[.net] How to access resource files in SharpDevelop?

This topic is 4912 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I usually use SharpDevelop for my C# v1.1 projects. I use VS.NET 2005 beta 2, and the resources are easy to use... it's like this: Image imgTree = MyProjectNamespace.Properties.Resources.TreePic; In SharpDevelop, I'm lost in confusion because it doesn't work this way. How can I access my resources through SharpDevelop? I had no luck with their documentation.

Advertisement
Check on MSDN.

You need to load the resource from the assembly yourself (VS2005 adds the strongly types access to your resources, which is not present in earlier versions).

Here is a link to an example:

Link.

Microsoft doesn't own SharpDevelop. But I guess it owns the same SDK that SharpDevelop would use. I'll check out the link. Thanks.

UPDATE: Thanks, it helped. It's suprisingly different :)

Yes. And this solution has nothing to do with SharpDevelop. It is based around .NET itself (you could code it in notepad and it will still work). And it has nothing to do with any SDK you may be thinking of.

The VS2005 method still is .NET based (through reflection as well?), but it is integrated within the IDE a lot better.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!