• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JanRy

Engine?

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to make a 3d MMORPG, but can't wait to use Realm Creator, the best engine i've seen yet any suggestion on any other one with good 3d engine and with online (MORPG or MMORPG) thanks in advance

Advertisement
NWN is too simple, everything in tiles and blocks, i need something more versatile like EQ2 or SWG

How much programming knowledge do you have?
How much network knowledge do you have?

Have you made any game at all? I mean even using any wysiwyg editor?

GL making a high class mmorpg.

i have VB and HTML experience, not much about networking

and no, nothing in wysiwyg

i just need something similar to RC (close to Aurora, but better looking, online, much more customizable and almost no scripting needed)

I just need some names... some that are really happy with a 3d online engine capable of doing 3d MMORPGs, just like RC

Um why cant you use RC - because it hasnt come out yet? Personally Im skeptical of the engine. I am thinking it will flood the net with hundreds of generic mmorpg games that 30 people play, much like rpgmaker - we shall see though. Even with an engine that costs $50, it needs models, etc.

Quote:
Original post by Talonder
Um why cant you use RC - because it hasnt come out yet?

Correct.

I saw what it can do, but anyway, until it comes out (july aprox), I'll try to make tons of models and get the story ready.

Thanks anyway, this thread is no longer needed

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!