• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
y2kiah

VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET 2003 upgrade problems

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I switched from Visual Studio .NET 2002 to Visual Studio .NET 2003, converted my project, compiled, and now my beautiful engine does not display a thing, all I get is a black screen. No crash, no exceptions, just doesn't render. has anyone else had a problem like this?

Advertisement
Are you in debug or release mode?

All I can say is step through the code. Make sure OpenGL and the window are being initialized correctly. 2003 is different, it will compile things differently. Especially if in release mode, you might not be initializing a variable or something that triggers something wrong when 2003 compiles it that 2002 happened to handle.

Just a guess.

both release and debug modes do the same thing. They are being initialized correctly, done it the same way 1000 times. This same code survived an upgrade from VC++ 6.0 to .NET 2002, and I doubt there is a more drastic change when converting to 2003. It might have something to do with GLEW, I just started using it a little while ago. I ran through the compiler options to see if everything converted but maybe I missed something.

Any other ideas?

I don't know if this will help but you can try creating a new project from scratch rather than converting your old project.

I remember I had to do stuff like that with VC6 after I installed the latest Platform SDK. My old project would seem just fine but it really wasn't. A brand new project did the trick.

I hope you get it to work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!