• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The Najdorf

Ragdoll demo!

This topic is 4755 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I made a rag-doll-elastic men beatemup:. You can check it here It tries to somewhat combine ragdoll with muscles, so that the man actually manages to sta in shape. Please tell me if you like the implementation. I i'll try to do something with it, such as a beat'em up, hopefully. Thx! Matteo [Edited by - The Najdorf on May 14, 2005 9:26:15 PM]

Advertisement
Very cool - nice work.

I know this is ragdoll, but getting more rigidity/resistance would be cool. The elasticity setting helped with that a bit (although raising it too high caused him to have a seizure ), but to take this to a 'beat'em up' stage you'd need to have quicker back-to-normal response.

But this is just a demo - and a damn good one at that.

Awsome demo, great work.

As mentioned, really high elasticities make him siezure a bit, other than that, a great demonstration.

Hey thx!

Yeah the epilectic crisis are wierd... I actually know why that happens, its because he "overshoots" trying to get back in position fast...

What really inspired me was the incredibly cool little game "ragdoll matrix reloaded" game, I think the dev should get a beatem'up out of it.

He used the trick of "defy gravity" to show ragdoll in all its beauty. Hopefully I can do something similar, but with characters that also manage to stand up (in ragdoll matrix they collapsed easily)

I like the idea and the implementation.
But I don´t know how to express this: Would be fantastic if the ragdoll would behave a bit less like a rubberband-man?
Could be, that it just appears that way to me, because the rag-doll doesn´t seem to have an elbow?
Perhaps I´m completely wrong and this will be great in a beat´em up, when short blows of force push it around, but some kind of inertia would be great to simulate the muscles trying to resist the unwanted movement.
Just trying to say something constructive ;)

Otherwise I really liked that demo and think it would be great fun to have in a beat´em up (and it would really be great to have a good beat´em up on PC ;))

Yeah man I know what you mean. In some sense it is inferior to ragdoll matrix from that point of view.

(check ragdoll matrix here

I made some variations to it to adapt it possibly to a beat'em up: now you cantrol the guy with the keyboard: the idea is that the objective will be to hit the opponents head with feet or hands, but there will be no "punches" or "kicks", one should control the guy in order to have him hit the oppnent (you can get some really cool rotation kicks and punches!). Moreover the faster you hit him, the more damage.

Check it out at ragdoll2

possibly "rubberband fighters" :) (thx for the hint matches81!)

[Edited by - The Najdorf on May 14, 2005 9:14:52 PM]

That's halarious. I kind of felt pretty bad when I had him flying around in a circle by his feet.... Oh well! [smile]

Nicely done.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!