Sign in to follow this  

[web] decent web hosting

This topic is 4408 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey people, does anyone know of a decent, cheap web hosting company/person? i just registered with hostsupreme.co.uk and they promptly set me up with the wrong account and don't answer emails. rubbish, basically. anyone have any recommendations? i definitely want ssh (with emacs), ftp and perl and ideally want php and java. i just want to make my own site with which to show off all the cool things that can be done with web things. also if i want a new php/perl library/module added i'd like them to add it quite quickly. lastly i am in the UK and don't have a credit card so i need to be able to pay with paypal or switch. all help will be very much appreciated. thanks, grumps.

I'd be willing to give you 20MB for free on my server. It's up all the time and has PHP. It'll be good until you find something more suitable. I'm looking for some testers for something I'm trying to accomplish anyway. Just signup here and I'll set you up a hosting account and send all the information you need (FTP account, password, etc).

www.godaddy.com is what i have for http://www.thedudesonline.com and its pretty nice.

If you get them be SURE to get LINUX hosting. Their windows hosting is very evil.

Quote:
Original post by SumDude
www.godaddy.com is what i have for http://www.thedudesonline.com and its pretty nice.

If you get them be SURE to get LINUX hosting. Their windows hosting is very evil.

I don't know about godaddys hosting, but I can vouch for their domain registration! Its great, with low prices to boot!

thanks for your replies, especially to rob, that was a kind offer.

i found a place though and have gone with them. they are called shellhq.net and it's run by just a few people seemingly. reasonably priced, great service/support, perl/php/java/ssh no emacs yet but they said they'd install it for me. i'm happy.

I recently got a site at Ace-Host. Although their offer seemed too good to be true I'm pretty happy with what I got. Mind you, I am still busy creating a website so I don't really know how it will handle that. Their hardware seems good enough though (dual Xeon 3GHz, 1GB).

Quote:
Original post by grumpyjack
damn man, that is good. if only i'd waited.
You can ask your hosting company for a refund, they'd be glad to give you back your money.

i'm currently having to fight to just leave my old one (hostsupreme), it's stupid. getting a bit annoyed with it to be honest.

and now my new hoster seems uninterested now that he has my money.

i just want to learn php with the nusoap module, preferably on a server with emacs installed. it's like i'm asking them to make me a shiney new 3ghz server out of lego.

Guest Anonymous Poster
got game hosting?
i need make a private server of a game, but need find hoster

This topic is 4408 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.