Cel-Shading Problem

Started by
2 comments, last by SirOnion 18 years, 11 months ago
I did NeHe celshading tutorial but it didn't work out, so I did the next one I found in google and It works but it will flicker the faces in the back that are supposed to be culled. Pictured here: http://www.angelfire.com/art2/sironion/celshade_problem.gif Code Here: //Model glCallList(Gen3DObjectList(vLightDirection)); //Outline //////////////////////////////////////////////////// glCullFace(GL_FRONT); glLineWidth(6); glColor4f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); glPolygonMode(GL_BACK, GL_LINE); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_1D); glCallList(Gen3DObjectList(vLightDirection)); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_1D); glCullFace(GL_BACK); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// This seems to be happening a lot, when I use Deep Exploration to export something as OpenGL code and load the model It will flicker faces that shouldn't be culled.
Advertisement
try this:
glCallList(Gen3DObjectList(vLightDirection));// OutlinesglEnable (GL_BLEND);	// Enable BlendingglBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); // Set The Blend ModeglPolygonMode (GL_FRONT, GL_LINE);// Draw Backfacing Polygons As WireframesglLineWidth (5); // Set The Line WidthglCullFace (GL_BACK);	// Don't Draw Any Front-Facing Polygonsfloat outlineColor[3] = { 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f };	// Color Of The LinesglColor3fv (&outlineColor[0]);	// Set The Outline Color        glCallList(Gen3DObjectList(vLightDirection)); // Draw the model	  glDepthFunc (GL_LEQUAL);// Reset The Depth-Testing ModeglCullFace (GL_FRONT);// Reset The Face To Be CulledglPolygonMode (GL_BACK, GL_FILL);// Reset Back-Facing Polygon Drawing ModeglDisable (GL_BLEND);	// Disable BlendingglLineWidth (1);	glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0f);

this is how i draw outlines in my celshading demo..hope it helps :)
Imma take a wild guess here. Your call to gluPerspective's zNear parameter is 0? Try changing it to 0.1 or more. Having it set at zero causes some serious issues that usually look like what you have here.
Yeah that was the problem, thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement