Sign in to follow this  

windows api and string

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm very annoyed at my computer right now b/c for some reason even though i #include <string> when i try to initialize a string the compiler tells me that it's not a type. i created a game engine, turned it into a template using dev, and am trying to use the strings in the main program, or any part of the program. anyone have a guess as to why this would be happening? i checked the lib, dir, and bin, they're all the same as for my console programs which use strings a lot. I really prefer to use string as opposed to char[] and several progs i've written in dos i'd like to recreate in windows, but don't want to have to change all my instances of string to char[] not to mention use all the stupid char[] functions for comparing. oh... and do i have to use the capital BOOL, TRUE, and FALSE? or can i still stick with the built in lowercase ones? thnx! zappernapper

1) Make sure that you are using std::string not just string. Or put using namespace std; at the beginning of your program.

2) Both TRUE and true are equal to 1 and both FALSE and false equal 0 so it doesnt matter which one you use.

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.