Sign in to follow this  

damned win api

This topic is 4596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, now i get a linker error when i try to use createpen and draw graphic primitives. it was all sounding so simple in the book, but for some reason i'm having probs with it. the compiler tells me that i'm making an undefined reference when i try to use one of the drawing functions

Can you post the exact error messages? Oh and make sure that you are including the libraries in your project. Project-Properties-Linker-Input in Visual C++.

Blizzard.o(.text+0x267):Blizzard.cpp: undefined reference to `CreatePen@12'
Blizzard.o(.text+0x27b):Blizzard.cpp: undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
Blizzard.o(.text+0x291):Blizzard.cpp: undefined reference to `Ellipse@20'
Blizzard.o(.text+0x29f):Blizzard.cpp: undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'

and i'm using dev, not microsoft. i got the code out of a book, and the cd code compiles fine.... all the include files and liked files appear to be the same

Quote:
Original post by Drew_Benton
jflanglois - he will need to use either "-lGdi32" or "-libGdi32.a" for Dev-CPP [wink]

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to do it in Dev, and needed to reinstall it.
He could also go to Project->Project Options->Parameters->Add Library or Object.

jfl.

it appears to be there. in my compiler options, in libraries, is the folder lib, in that folder is a file called libgdi32.a, looks like the right one to me. is there any preprocessor directive i could try to specifically include that file?

This topic is 4596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.