Sign in to follow this  

Blender for skeletal animation?

This topic is 4597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone have experience using Blender to model characters with skeletal/bone information? I'm attempting to model a fish for my next project, but it needs bone information to make it move and animate. I'm going to attempt to program it by hand, but an editor would make the actual modeling part of it easier. I just want to hear from anyone else who uses Blender for this type of thing. I've used Blender (sparingly) before and it's pretty much my only option in a Linux environment which i'll be working in. Thanks for your feedback.

If you take a look at the Cal3D project, you can find a Python script for exporting Blender's skeleton animation and bones to a file. I took it and modified it somewhat for my own project to suit my needs. It includes all of the necessary weird bone manipulations you need to translate a Blender bone orientation into a quaternion, and some good math-based stuff that comes in handy in general.

This topic is 4597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.