Sign in to follow this  

MSVC++ 2005 beta 2 include directories

This topic is 4596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been using VC++ 2005 Express Beta for a while, and I just upgraded to Beta 2. I didn't have any problems with the install, and everything's been working just fine, but now I need to change the default include directories (to add the Platform SDK includes), and I can't. I go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories, but nothing's there. I looked around in the vcproj file, in the batch files that set environment variables, and on Google, but for the life of me I can't find out how to set the include directories. Any ideas how to do it or where I should look? Thanks.

Well, I found a hack for it. The directories VC Express uses are stored stored in the file

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0\VCComponents.dat

So I added the Platform SDK 'include' and 'lib' directories to the existing list, and now the MSVC can find them.

However, this seems to me to be a highly unsatisfactory work-around, especially for such a commonplace change to the config.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Even a "No, my Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories works" would be helpful.

Many people have had this problem, and this is exactly the solution I came up with as well. Apparently, they've already fixed it, but it was just after they released Beta 2. I would hope for a patch or something, but apparently they're not going to do that for a beta.

This was a known bug, just didn't get fixed when they released beta 2. When they released the beta, they branched the source. So they are currently on a different branch of the source than the build you are using. To patch beta 2, they would have to go back to the previous branch and patch it. Considering that it's just a beta release, and is expected to have bugs in it, it is certainly understandable as to why they wouldn't have bothered.

This topic is 4596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.