Hello..

Started by
6 comments, last by exploreRPG 18 years, 11 months ago
Hello guys, I don't know if this is the proper place to post this.. if not, please forgive me. I'm the developer of Explorations RPG System, and I'd like to give you guys a simple update on its progress. :) I've continued the creation of DarkLands, my first largescale commercial game library. This game libraries is designed to create thousands of RPG games similar to Baldur Gates & IceWind dale. I have a Monster database of over 80 fully animated sprites, and through engine sales have purchased many professional 3D objects such as the ship featured above. Explorations uses numerous import features to create game maps from 3D renders. Once imported into Explorations everything can be exported, re-used and shared. (Great for multiple developer projects.) Explorations is not an isometric engine. Its a very powerful TILE engine capable of handling isometric graphics. Explorations has infinite virtual map layers. Included with Explorations are all the needed scripts to allow up to 10 people to connect and play an Explorations game world via any webpage offering CGI script. Every game made with Explorations is an Online Game. The screenshot above if from my OnlineBattle Arena, connect through 4 of my virtual servers and fight your friends. (MMO in the works.) Because of Explorations database design, any rpg game genre can be recreated in Explorations. Object sharing makes Explorations more powerful the more its used. Create an object once and reuse it whenever you need. Drop by and say Hi! Thanks for reading, Tyrone Lee Explorations RPG System http://www.explore-rpg.com [Edited by - exploreRPG on May 22, 2005 8:25:04 AM]
Explorations v9.0http://www.explore-rpg.com
Advertisement
Wow, thats very impressive. I like the artwork. The GUI design is also very neat and clean. Keep up the good work, so far it seems your doing a damn good job :)
--brb
that is really impressive rofl. I thot the first picture was 3D till i took a good look at it. Is it freeware or is it a commercial product or shareware?
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
Thanks guys..

Explorations is shareware. I currently use Poser4 and Bryce exclusively for this project. I am NOT a modeller so I buy artwork and modify it to my needs. Since I'm proficient in software design and databases I took a database approach to this game engine. And honestly, using a database design unlocked features I hadn't intended.

For example, the ability to share and distribute sprites and other game objects. I can post a link to a .ECHR, .EGRP, .ESCR, .EOBJ,or .EMAP file and share it with anyone using Explorations. On import the entire file is 100% usable as if it were within the game it was exported. (Includes weapons, soundeffects, and all animations needed to package the object.) - The export format is a text based format that uses the same principles of XML, without all the bloat. ;)

Right now, the design, programming, & debug work is over.. I'm 100% concentrating on my 1st game release. (wish me luck)

On a side note, I've noticed most games on this site are using DirectX or OpenGL. Explorations uses highly optimize GDI.. I would be interested in adding OpenGL support to this engine, and/or partnering up with anyone interested in making RPGs.

I have an application that allows Poser4 to batch render. So creating 30+ animations for a single sprite is done with a click of a button. Explorations has full map import features to import pre-rendered Bryce terrain and creat tiles from the render. Renders can be import into a maplayer so overlaying is perfect and perfect quality with minimal gridlines. I've spent the past few years developing the tools and gathering the resources needed to be a 1 man game company. (but a little help is always awesome!) :P

Thanks Again.. And Morning's Wrath's looks awesome! :)
Thank you, Mornings Wrath does look very good but I do not work on that team. I am a secondary developer for EDI games working on a project called, Ikamono: The anger, you can see the announcement here:
ShoeString Games announces there first project
--brb
Wow some nice artwork you got there. impressive, you don't see that many games that support both 'fullscreen' artwork style and tile style, now all you need is some sorta centralised sorted searchable database of stuff people make for 'public' use (and maybe a rating system for how cool things are) then you would'nt have to worry about provideing your own artwork with the engine (maybe even (with the artists permission) make object packs and such)

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

Quote:Original post by exploreRPG
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this..

Most definitely!
The screenshots look really nice, but I guess you have to work with it first to really appreciate it. You've made this all by yourself (accept the artwork so I read)?
Let us know when released a game. And before I forget.. hello && welcome!

[edit]
Read your reply and apparently you did create all this on your own. Kudos!
[/edit]
Quote:
now all you need is some sorta centralised sorted searchable database of stuff people make for 'public' use (and maybe a rating system for how cool things are) then you would'nt have to worry about provideing your own artwork with the engine (maybe even (with the artists permission) make object packs and such)

Well.. I have a full features resource area on my site. It acts as an online file manager. It doesn't offer a rating system but you can download objects.. Upload is restricted to close friends. Now that the coding is done, its 100% graphics/game design for me.

All of the artwork I have was purchased through engine sales are for my first game. I'm biased toward Poser4 and Bryce and designed Explorations around these software packages. I've created a library of sprite game animation sequences like the tight rope walking and general walking animations above. As I said before, with my neat little app I can batch animate a sprite-pack from a 3D model with one click. FYI: Most all 3D art *renders* can be used in commercial projects. Simply because its not 3D. The artist can't copyright the render. - So I spent alot of time automating and turning 2D sprites into re-usable objects.

To clarify: The above Doughboy marine can be *COMPLETELY* exported and shared like this..

HUMAN_DOUGHBOY_MARINE.ECHR

This package includes the character stats, walking, dieing, fighting animations. His weapons and graphics, all sound effects. The projectile object, and any explosions caused when it hits or misses and sound effects for it. When you import the sprite it is FULLY functional and ready to be used in your game. (You can download the Explorations demo to test this out.) ;)

Oh, and BTW.. Explorations also support variable TILE sizes.. from 16x16 to 64x64 tiles.. Whenever you import an object, map it will automatically resample the image data to your current game tilesize. (I imagine the games could probably be made for the PSP or GameBoy.. ) :P

Thanks again... And I'll post an update when I release my 1st RPG.. :)

Tye

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement