Sign in to follow this  

Chronicle

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As of right now im currently writing a storyline for a MMORPG. Please do pitch in and bring any ideas that you wish to spread. Right now im kinda writing a draft to set up my points of the story quite easier... Theme: Warriors vs Monsters Warriors vs Warriors Monsters vs Monsters Questions: 1. What is the plot of the story? 2. What is the role of gameplay in the story? 3. Who/what are you defending? 4. Who/what are you attacking? 5. Why are the attackers attacking you? 6. Where did they come from? 7. What is the backround details about the plot of the story? 8. What is the backround details about each and every race? 9. What is the backround details about the attackers? 10. Who/What started all of this? 11. When did this take place? 12. Where did this take place? 13. Was anyone else attacked? Races: 1. Human 2. Elf 3. Kenda <Short Human Like Character> 4. Raktos <Huge Bear Like Character> (More to Come) Jobs: 1. Warrior 2. Light Mage 3. Dark Mage 4. Summoner 5. Ranger 6. Thief (More to Come) Types of Items: 1. Potions 2. Ethers 3. Food 4. Antidotes 5. Medicines 6. Crafting Items Types of Weapons: 1. Swords 2. Daggers 3. Bows & Arrows 4. Guns & Bullets 5. Staffs 6. Rods Types of Crafting: <Mabey> 1. Cooking 2. Alchemy 3. GoldSmithing (More to Come)

So far you've come up with about 3 somewhat unique things in your 'writing', two simply being the names of some races, and one being a monster vs. monster idea. The races aside, I like the idea of the MvM implementation. I'd love to see some neutral feuding and non-player combat in games, it could impact the world in some way that was beyond your control. Currently the way everything in the world is affected by only the player seems very stale and unrealistic in an MMO persistent world.

I hope you plan to fill this in some more, because you really haven't written anything... I can come up with names and descriptions for races too... Bikfin - aquatic humanoid lifeforms... Maazdians - hyper intelligent squirrels. They almost roll off of the tongue.

Care to chat with me on MSN Messenger? I need some brainstormers for this. I have a couple of people thinking about designing a game for me which is a Sci-Fi with a lot of High-Tech features such as sabers with flames and stuff like that. Star Wars Stylish stuff like LightSabers. But the story is the most important part so if you care to help please do let me know. It will lead you to being a dev on this also. we have a designer for the game too.

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.