Sign in to follow this  

how many?

This topic is 4599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here's one thing:

Quote:
65 people worked for more than two years to develop "Halo 2"

So on average, several years (1-3) and the staff varies. There are always people that have to do the sound, artwork, management, PR (public relations), etc... That's just 'on average' there are exceptions. such as DNF..[lol] For more you can do some [google] searching, I found that using "staff needed for halo".

Quote:
Original post by jasonpeinko
i could not find anything on google i must have been asking the wrong thing. But now i cant find out how many lines of code goes into a moden game.

Well that's because that's something that cannot be determined on an 'on average' basics. I mean moder games are 100's of thousands lines of code. There is no "on average to make game x, you gotta have this many lines of code". Most of the time a engine is used, thus greatly cutting down the amount of lines of code is needed. If you still want a hard reference, take a look here. Googled for "lines of code modern game uses". Hope you have an idea now, good luck! If something you try doesnt get what you need, try using other keywords, somethings bound to come up! Oh and don't forget there are other search engines as well, Google isn't the only one [grin]

The source to my entire project is running at about 1.6MB [smile]
There are 107 source files [smile]
My game's graphic and sound content is running at around 190MB [smile]
The development time so far is 11 months [smile]
My project contains one developer [sad]

This topic is 4599 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.