Sign in to follow this  

Fixed Function pipeline in effect files

This topic is 4598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can somebody help me with link to examples or something similar that shows how the fixed function pipeline are utilized through effect files in directx 9.0. I have been trying google, but can't really find anything appropriate. Best Regards Niels

Im not so switched on with effect files and i probably am wrong, but my reckoning is that effect files are used for shaders which is the programmable pipeline, not the fixed one.

ace

It is fully in parallel to the code you would write in C++ or VB, but instead of calling SetRenderState( RS, VAL ) you write (in the technique specification) RS = VAL. All without the 'D3D' and such prefixes. This is described in the DX SDK documentation. See the FX files that come with the SDK and its EffectEdit sample.

Greetz,

Illco

@ACE: yes; effect files wrap around vertex shaders, pixel shaders as well as fixed-function pipeline settings. This allows you to set up the looks of an object in all sense in a separate technique or file.

This topic is 4598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.