Hiya everyone

Started by
10 comments, last by benryves 18 years, 11 months ago
Hiya i am new to the forums and just wanted to say hi. But i am wondering is their anyway of creating a small space shooter in a console application is this possible? I am just wanting to move text cells around the screen to make it look like their is movable objects my friend give me a scrolling banner program once so thats were i got my idea from. Thanks.
Advertisement
Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you are coding under windows then i guess you could do it with ASCII art or something but there is no graphics library for the console. However if you are coding under linux you could use teh Curses Library for this.

The best thing is to go here.

Ace
Hello (=

Yes that would be possible.

By and large it is not that much harder to go a graphical route and use sdl/clanlib/alegro/etc. ad nauseam Certainly nothing wrong with text though (=

An ASCII star field has a certain charm to it anyway (=
The man you want to PM is benryves - his website is full of ASCII graphic goodness.

http://www.benryves.com

And I'm sure if this post had anything to do with "ASCII" in the subject title he would have already pointed towards his ASCII demo by now [grin]
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Thanks for the replys i will check that site out paulecoyote :). I have gotten moving text but now i am wanting to add controls to the moving text so you can control its position.
look at benrynes's source from his ASCII Madness demo, it also accepts keyboard input

http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=16080
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
How does he get them graphics in the console? i have changes text colour with programs but not made pictures. Thanks.
Quote:Original post by paulecoyote
The man you want to PM is benryves - his website is full of ASCII graphic
I concur.

As for a high-class console application, I personally would stay away from it, but that's just me. Some crazy people (*cough* Ben *cough*) love doing them.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by GameMasterXL
How does he get them graphics in the console? i have changes text colour with programs but not made pictures. Thanks.

It's all in that source file for that url of his demo I posted
Some people on that site are stating that their is the win32 viorus in their is this true?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement