Sign in to follow this  

TinyCC and game scripting

This topic is 4588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I've just discouvered TinyCC which is a very small and efficient c-compiler. http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/ It has a library that you can use to compile code on the fly as your main program runs. Considering this, I was thinking that it could be used as a scripting system for my game engine. It has the advantage of compiling to native code (fast!) and being a well-known language. It's mentioned in this scripting article here on gamedev (regarding co-routines): http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1974.asp Has anyone had any experience with embedding this into their applications? My game engine is quite large (been working on it for years) and getting Lua embedded into it is a complete arse due to the size and nature of the engine. So I'm quite keen to find a alternative such as this TinyCC compiler for JIT compiling! My engine is written in C++.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I am also curious about it, since i like brackets, and lua doesnt have them :(

Im still using it, but since im redesigning the scripting system, im more than interested in it.

If anyone could share their comments in regard to this, i would really love to hear them.

Tim

This topic is 4588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.