Sign in to follow this  

force a specific refresh rate when creating a d3d device

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, Is there a way to force the screen-refresh rate, although tools like "refreshlock" or similar tools are running? I need a specific refresh rate with vsync and I don't want tools like rivatuner or refreshlock, etc. to interfere with it. D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS/FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz doesn't seem to be enough when such a tool runs in background, it's ignored when the monitor switches to fullscreen... Michael

I can't answer your question, but I can give you some advice. If you're making a game, don't try to force the refresh rate to change. There are many ways to achieve whatever effect you need.

I can personally vouch that some people have physical problems viewing certain refresh rates. Anything lower than 85hz on 1024x768+ born monitors gives me headaches. This is also why some video cards (such as mine) allow preventing applications (such as yours) from changing the refresh rate. I would advise finding another way around your problem.

You can use a timer to redraw the screen or such. But there's no way you can be sure your refresh rate will be consistent.

Those tools usually operate at the driver level which is lower level than you, so there's not much you can do about it.

It's their PC, they can (and should) use it any way they want to.

This topic is 4595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.