Sign in to follow this  

Thresholds

This topic is 4598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Is there a difference between a strict threshold and a loose threshold? Do strict and loose describe two different kind of concepts or is it just the same thing that it is called strict/loose depending on its value? Any examples would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What was this used in reference to? What's the context of strict and loose thresholds? My best guess is that a strict threshold is that it's either within the threshold or outside the threshold. I'd guess a loose threshold is that it's within proximity to the threshold or outside some proximity and there made be some gradient, but that's just a wild guess. How'd you upon this topic?

I'm working on a sketch recognition module. Have you played black and white? Remeber the way you draw a gesture with your mouse in order to perform a miracle? Well the algorithm behind it is all about thresholds. And I am currently working on something similar and my resources talk about setting loose and strict thresholds without giving any actual numbers.

This topic is 4598 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.