Sign in to follow this  

visualy debug an occlusion tree

This topic is 4597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm making occlusion culling with a binary occlusion tree, somewhat based on Shadow Volume BSP trees (In shadow = invisible, lighten = visible). So my tree represents things that are invisible an there are some wired problem with it because it actually doesn't work well. So I think the best way to debug it correctly is to display something to debug it, but nodes of my tree are infintes spliting planes that cuts the space in two semi-infinite spaces so I wondered how to represent it efficiently : basically what I need is the splitting plane and its normal. Moreover, I'd like to combine the debugging display with the actual rendeing to figure what's happening (so a wireframe debugging would be nice). Anyone has an idea to efficiently represent such a tree ? (maybe someone that had work on SVBSP for shadowing an having the same problem ?).

This topic is 4597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.