Sign in to follow this  

MFC like controls but in opengl

This topic is 4592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a cut down version of MFC like controls api that uses gl for rendering? One with those collapsable tabs, trees, toolbar buttons, splitter, etc. It doesn't have to have any doc/view architecture builtin or drag/drop stuff just mainly good controls for creating gfx tools. I thought I would ask here first before going on a hunt myself. Thanks.

Here's one that's promising: GUIde

Unfortunatly, most GL GUI projects are really crap. The one above is the best I have seen, but I didn't really like it myself. It's very much like VCL rather than MFC too (although, I hate MFC and love VCL).

I'm writing my own.

It doesn't seem to have controls I need like tree and some others. Thanks though I'll just keep on looking. I used to have a link that showed a list of gui frameworks maybe I can find it again on google.

Just to elaborate - my experience is that you won't find an out-of-the-box solution that is anything up to the standard of GUI libraries like MFC, wxWidgets, VCL, etc.

Probably your best option is to roll your own, or add the functionality on to GUIde (which, from what I have seen, is the most extensible and eaisest to use).

Not sure if it has the exact controls you need, but crazy edds gui system seems to be very popular (ive never heard of GUIde).

http://www.cegui.org.uk

It has an opengl renderer.

This topic is 4592 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.