Newton Game Dynamics - 3 platforms supported!

Started by
12 comments, last by jovani 18 years, 11 months ago
http://www.adrianboeing.com/pal/index.html

But no code as far as I can see.

This chap emailed me a while back with a executable demo showing various scenes running with different physics engines (my jiglib, novodex, newton, tokamak and ode) - was very interesting.
Advertisement
What was the result. Your listing subject that jiglib and novodex are the more powerful engines, but I did not see jiblib listed in that page.

How can I get the API, I am looking for freeware physics engine that is robust accurate, and stable.
It needs to be able to simulate rigid bodies without auto-sleeping, and also has the ability to create user defined joints, because it is for a technical project in AI not for a game.

Ah I forgot it has to model coulomb friction fairly accurate and give me the feedback, because the experiment depends of that.
This is for training a neural net for automatic robot guidance system, so the measurement must be reliable.

Convex hull collision or even better mesh to mesh collision would be desirable.

I have been using Newton with very good success but if your project is faster and more or equally stable, I still have time for more evaluations.
Quote:Original post by jovani
What was the result. Your listing subject that jiglib and novodex are the more powerful engines, but I did not see jiblib listed in that page.

No, that was definitely not the implication - the list was not in any order.

Quote:
I have been using Newton with very good success but if your project is faster and more or equally stable, I still have time for more evaluations.

From what I can tell it's about the same speed as Newton (which means far slower than Novodex), and about as stable, but probably less accurate. Definitely less finished, so stay with Newton!

I downloaded your test demo, to check it out, but it did not seem very stable.
When I touch the wall or the genga tower with the car the entire structure start to swaying out of control until it collapses into the ground, but if move out of the way it became stable again. So it seems that is been kept stable by artificial means.
Also if I hit the f key, then all the structures start swaying until they all collapse in about 15 second. And the boxes keep jittering on the floor. Perhaps is not as stable as the others but is it very fast.
I think you are correct is not ready for prime time yet. Good start thought.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement