Skins?

Started by
5 comments, last by Pityworm2 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys, I am aware that this is perhaps not the best place to put this in but since the guys in General Programming didn't answer me to this question, perhaps you can. Everybody knew the Winamps Skins or the ones for the MS Media Player or the Creative PlayCenter, they all have "rounded" windows as skins. I program on a game that will use a launcher that should look fresh. I searched throughout the internet but since I don't really know if the thing I search is just making a skin or programming in Windows, I didn't find anything. So if anybody know how to make such a thing (the launcher is an application), please tell me Thx, Pityworm2
Advertisement
Read about virtual themes at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/userex/themesvvisualstyles.asp
-----------------------------Amma
Thx. for the input

But that wasn't actual what I was looking for. I mean how can I make a normal windows form, that I get when I add a new Form, to a custom style? Rounding the corners, making buttons to expand the form, just like the PlayCenter from Creative, where I can click to see the Media Library and click again, to hide it again.

[Edited by - Pityworm2 on May 19, 2005 6:15:32 AM]
i think it depends on the library you use, which creates/manages your window.
you could try to find something on how to set transparencie masks in the documenatation of your library
use java,
it wont do what you trying to do, but its really great
does it have to be a native "windows" app, or can you just draw your own gui?
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
does it have to be a native "windows" app, or can you just draw your own gui?

That is something I don't really know. I just have a service which is my launcher for the app, so I want to have this launcher, which is the only executable file to have a look, let's say like a skin from Media Player but where do I get information of how to do it, I mean it's definetly not a skin, since it's the main app that is running!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement