• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fpuig

Converting vs2005 solution back to vs2003

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I created a C++ project in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1, but now I want to convert it to Visual Studio 2003. How could that be done? I can just create a VS2003 project and add all the files but that’s not the way to go because the project is heavily organized in several folders with a nightmare of subfolders which makes adding files a very time consuming task! And I will be probably switching from VS2005 to VS2003 and vice versa a lot. I found a program that transform from VS2003 back to VS 6 but not 2005 to 2003! Any help?

Advertisement
Maybe you can just edit the .proj file yourself with a text editor. That's what I do when converting VS2003 to VS2002. Not a such a big difference, I just change the 7.01 to 7.00 and it loads fine. I've never tried with version 8 of visual studio, but maybe a simple number switch would work for this as well. Give it a try.

Quote:

Maybe you can just edit the .proj file yourself with a text editor.

That does the job! Thanks

Can I interest you in using source control? Try www.wincvs.org, I can't remember how many times I was happy to know that I have a version backed up that I can go back to if something goes wrong :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!