• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_walrus

nokia series 60 DirectGraphics fillTriangle

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This method seems to blow up the phone...at least my n-gage (which is series 60 version 1). Anybody know of a workaround.....There's no solution on forum nokia, but some other guys have had the same problem. Any help would be appricated. thanks

Advertisement
Make your own direct memory access implementation. It will be faster too. Or you can use Nokia 3d example from the forum, or other open-sourced 3d lib, or OpenGL ES

Do you mix Graphics and DirectGraphics? My phone (3650) refused to
run my j2me if I did create a DirectGraphics object after I did some drawing.
Mail me for some code.

Quote:
Original post by kudos
Do you mix Graphics and DirectGraphics? My phone (3650) refused to
run my j2me if I did create a DirectGraphics object after I did some drawing.
Mail me for some code.

sorry for the late reply, i've been away for a bit. Operations on graphics context that are effected by setColor totally ignore DirectGraphics::setAlpha (thats why i'm using filltriangle/fillpolyogn). The version 1 serise 60 are soo buggy :P This i figured i draw a alpha blended quad using fillTriangle which would work in practice, but it crashed. but I solved the problem using DirectGraphcis::fillPolygon (which curiously didnt crash my device..i'd figure it would just trianglize the polygon and make calls to fillTriangle) :P

Quote:
Original post by serg3d
Make your own direct memory access implementation. It will be faster too. Or you can use Nokia 3d example from the forum, or other open-sourced 3d lib, or OpenGL ES

hmm i think u are refering to the symbian 3d demo (with the car driving around the city)?? No OpenGL for j2me yet AFAIK. Sorry i was asking bout j2me on series 60, no symbian :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!