• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
holsety

On line or on yourself(discuss)

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Do you think there would be no single games i mean no onlie in the future? my english is quite a bit poor after i am playing wow,i think it's trend that all games become online in the future.and i am so dispointed that no more games single can catch my attention these days. so what's your opinion?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
this is more of a lounge topic, but i'll humour it until it's moved

i think games will continue to be developed in both a single and multiplayer aspect.
in multiplayer, it gives you the ability to play with or against other people around the world.
in single player, you play the role of a protaganist (good guy) or antagonist (bad guy) in a story -- much like a novel. We all know books in some form or another will always be around. A single player game is of the same essence. It tells a story that your character is a part of.

so think of single player games as novels and multiplayer games as sports. each have their own reasons for existence, and will continue to be around forever.

my $0.50 (because i'm canadian, and our money sucks)

There will always be single player games, but they do seem a lot less popular these days - possibly related to the fact that our technology is finally allowing us to potentially create a decent multiplayer experience.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!