• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
derek7

how to do skeleton animation with rigid bind?

This topic is 4752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I mean a bone bind a mesh, so a robot consist of a series of mesh like hand ,leg, chest etc. but how to create it?I mean I need to write a editor to adjust position and rotatio? if I have a serise of mesh separately, and a skeleton.how to put these mesh to skeleton?

Advertisement
I don't think I've ever seen a rating below 500 before. Pretty impressive.

I think the correct term is "segmented". Not sure, though. The answer to your question can come in about 500 answers. You just need to make sure each bone part has it's origin (local 0,0,0) on it's joint. Then make sure the entire character is structured before or after you model it. If before, you'll need a transform to locate the bone joint to the origin before rotating, then rotate, then another transform to put it back. If after, you still need to place the bone at the joint after rotating.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!