• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
crappyatticus

Problem with DirectX and Studio 6

This topic is 4895 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was trying to write some code that's in this book and it comes with a cd and no matter what my program would always give me errors so I compiled the books code and it comes back with errors from the DirectX 9 header files. (Ex. The one having the problem is dsound.h or something like that) I installed the Microsoft SDK and right after it worked fine but now it doesn't. I did add the Lib and Include folders to my Directory options but is there something I'm missing?!

Advertisement
Have a good look at the FAQ of the DX forum. Also, make sure the library and include folders are above the standard MSVC include folders (as they contain old DX headers). Then report back with remaining problems; preferrably with the specific errors you are getting.

Greetz,

Illco

Make sure that for every project you have the linker set to link to the needed DirectX files. Also set the compiler to look at the DirectX includes and such. You have to do this for every project. Have you heard of the express editions of visual studio 2005 yet? You can download them for free and it might be easier to use DirectX 9 with, since the tools are newer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!