• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Starfalcon2

Visual Studio?

This topic is 4752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am considering about to buy enterprise edition developer 2003. Right now, I am using Visual C++ 2003 and love it. Which do you use edition of visual studio? Worth to have it?

Advertisement
I'm not sure what version I am using, but Visual Studio is by far one of the greatest things I've ever used on the Windows platform IDE wise. If all you have is Visual C++, and are interested in the .Net languages as well as more features, Visual Studio is worth every penny!

The only thing I don't like about it is the way they have MFC setup. I still use VS6 for MFC programs because things are totally switched around in 2k3...Other than that, I love it!

I use VS.Net 2002 academic at home, and .Net 2003 Professional at work.

I would suggest avoiding the enterprise edition unless you truly need all that it supports. It is meant for large groups coordinating things, so if you're running a business it might be ok but still I'd suggest the professional version because it's much cheaper and I haven't noticed anything it is missing that is really important that can't be replaced by a freeware program.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!